Thanks to all who participated in the 15th Annual Wine Tasting and Auction – it was a resounding success and you are appreciated for all the hard work and support that makes this event what it has grown to be!
2016 Dues Reminder – if you have not already done so, please get your dues payments into the office as soon as possible.
The March 8th Stated Meeting will be held at the Valley Office beginning promptly at 7 p.m. There is also an opportunity for new candidates to receive their 4th degree at 7 p.m. Officers of the Lodge of Perfection will host the afterglow so be sure to take advantage of this opportunity to gather as Brothers.
Our Brother to Brother Calling session this month will be on Monday, March 28th at 6 p.m. How delightful it has been to have additional Brothers joining us to make calls. There will be a break for dinner and conversation about 7 p.m. and then back to calling until about 8:30 p.m. How nice it was to recently hear from the daughter of a deceased Brother – she indicated that he so much enjoyed being in contact with his caller and that he kept his caller’s phone number and the Valley phone number on his nightstand so when anything happened the family would know who to call. At the time of his death, the daughter did call and was also guided as to how and who to contact for a Masonic service! Isn’t it wonderful that this Brother passed knowing that we still cared? Our Brothers who do the calling are a blessing in so many ways – Thank you!
This is the final week for you to make your reservation for the Murder In Key West Mystery Game! Tickets are just $25.00 per couple and include the mystery and “Island Hors d’oeuvres”. A Cash Bar will be available. This is an original interactive Murder Mystery Game written by our own Linda Buskirk! Saturday, March 12th at 7 p.m. is the appointed time at the Coconut Club Lounge at the Lucky Moose, 622 E. Dupont Road. Call the office today for your reservation 260-423-2593.
Looking Ahead: On Tuesday, April 12, 2016, we will be hosting a DVD Degree Night as part of our 2016 Membership Challenge. Supreme Council has recently released some excellent degrees on DVD and this will be our first time showing them in the Valley.
- 4° Master Traveler ( This has been shown numerous times in the Valley but is part of the Bookend Degree Requirements)
- 19° Brothers of the Trail
- 20° Master Ad Vitam (George Washington Degree)
- 26° Friend and Brother Eternal (Story behind the Brother to Brother Monument from the Civil War.
Please note the following:
- The 31° – My Brother’s Keeper which was presented live at the November, 2015 Convocation has also been released but will be saved for a future degree night.
- The 32° will be conferred at the Fall Convocation on November 12, 2016 and we hope to have a Spring and Fall Class that exceeds our Fall, 2015 Class. That means we are setting our goal of 20+ new petitions for each of these classes! This can be done!
2016 Abbott Scholarships There is a link on the website for the Abbott Scholarship Application. Deadline to have them submitted to the Valley Office is May 1, 2016.